Positions at ROC USA and ROC USA Network affiliates provide an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the lives of homeowners in manufactured home communities.
ROC USA Positions
ROC USA® is seeking an Executive Assistant to support ROC USA’s President, Chief Operating Officer, and the Executive Vice President of ROC Movement to ensure that activities are being carried out in an organized, timely, and accurate manner, and to provide direct administrative support in the day-to-day business. The Executive Assistant will provide logistic support and planning for ROC USA and ROC Association events, which include ROC USA and ROC Association Board and Committee meetings (quarterly and monthly), and other related events.
The Executive Assistant will work closely with the People Operations Manager to provide support in the execution of general office functions.
What You’ll Do
The Executive Assistant will report to the People Operations Manager and is responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to the President, COO, and Executive Vice President of ROC Movement in an in-person and remote environment. Carrying out daily functions with a very high attention to detail, ensuring effective and efficient delivery of their duties including scheduling, email, mail, and phone correspondence, as well as travel coordination.
- Supporting fundraising application preparation and reporting in coordination with President.
- Attending meetings, compiling notes, distributing notes/action items accordingly, and updating Monday.com project management boards. This could include ROC Association and ROC USA Board meetings.
- Assisting with all business activity that includes meeting planning, materials preparation and distribution, presentation design/formatting, and other meeting preparation.
- Providing support in all areas of the President’s, COO’s, and EVP of ROC Movement’s responsibilities including enterprise management, strategic planning, communications, research, public policy, fundraising, and Board operations.
- Maintaining records within the CRM system of record.
- Serving as office administrator for the New Hampshire office.
If you were here now, you would be working on:
- Monitoring Monday.com Board for Executive Leadership activities
- Assembling and distributing the Board Packets for ROC USA and ROC Association as PDFs.
- Supporting the ROC Association Board of Directors in getting out a Constant Contact mailing and scheduling flights for a conference presentation next month. This would require light technical support.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, answering the phone, and ordering office supplies.
Who You Are
To be successful in this job, you will excel in the following areas:
Executive Support. You understand the complexity of executive responsibilities and leadership and can recognize priorities and the ever-changing external and internal environment. You are naturally confidential in your work habits and discrete in your communication. You like people and are diplomatic.
Relationship Management. You develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships. You can communicate and connect effectively with a wide range of different people, including volunteers, customers, and colleagues. You can influence and persuade without holding formal authority.
Time Management. Able to manage priorities for multiple stakeholders in a small, fast-paced organization with high standards of excellence, and respects and encourages work-life balance and appropriate boundary setting with all stakeholders.
Innovative Problem Solver. Ability to solve practical and sometimes complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to work on projects and tasks from multiple departments at once.
Education and Experience
- Five (5) years working in an office environment with at least 2 years’ experience providing Executive administrative support.
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: Office and calendar management, event planning and coordination, or non-profit Board support.
- Exceptional written communication and organizational skills required
- Proficiency in all major Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and videoconference platforms; Slack, Box.com, Salesforce, and Monday.com also preferred, but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, use a computer and mobile phone. This position requires travel to ROC USA events via car or plane several times per year. The employee will occasionally be required to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
What Else You Should Know
The position is a full time, 40 hours per week non-exempt position and based in Concord, N.H. This person will not be able to work remotely. The wage for this position is dependent on experience. We also offer an excellent benefits package, including a Health Reimbursement Account, FSA, generous vacation and sick time, and a 3% retirement match.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $58,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, NH 03301: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- office environment: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
ROC USA® is seeking a Financial Analyst to support multiple Service Units across the business to demonstrate organizational growth and ensure data integrity.
Who We Are
ROC USA® is not your typical affordable housing organization. We are a non-profit social enterprise with a mission to make quality resident ownership viable and successful nationwide and expand economic opportunities for homeowners living in Manufactured Home Communities.
Resident ownership is achieved when homeowners in Manufactured (“Mobile”) Home Communities form a co-op and acquire the underlying land from a commercial owner. To make ownership possible, ROC USA creates purchase opportunities through market development in industry and negotiations with investor-owners, provides training and Technical Assistance through a Network of 12 affiliated non-profits and our own national team in states not served by an affiliate, and provides financing through ROC USA® Capital, a U.S. Treasury certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
ROC USA and affiliates serve customers and support our mission with a national team of more than 20 and 50 affiliate team members, who stand proudly with low- and moderate-income homeowners who want control of the land under their neighborhoods. Our faith in these homeowners and the democratic cooperatives they operate is based on nearly 40 years of experience and success. We use this history and track record to inform and advance public policy at the local, state, and national levels.
Our networked business model allows us to achieve economies of scale and deliver consistently high-quality services and earnings that sustain the whole enterprise — individual ROCs, CTAP affiliates, and ROC USA itself. Working in a niche commercial real estate market that transacts time-sensitive projects through market-rate financing, operational efficiencies are critical.
Today, ROC USA represents 288 ROCs and more than 19,000 Member-owners in 20 states. ROC USA Capital has provided more than $300 million in community financing. This track record of success has us well-positioned for significant growth. By 2028, we expect to serve more than 30,000 Member-Owners in more than 24 states.
Our success has been recognized by The Financial Times (“Why Big Investors are Buying U.S. Trailer Parks,” Feb. 2020) and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (“Mobile Homes,” April 2019) along with numerous other national publications, television and radio news, and podcasts.
ROC USA is financially strong with residual revenue representing more than 90% of current year income and having achieved cash-basis break-even in 2018 and 2019. ROC USA has total assets more than $100 million.
Our Vision: We envision a country in which the owners of efficient and affordable homes are economically secure in healthy and socially vibrant resident owned communities.
Our Mission: To make resident ownership viable and successful and expand economic opportunities for homeowners in Manufactured (“Mobile”) Home Communities (MHCs).
Our goals are to:
- Preserve and improve affordable communities.
- Build individual assets.
- Foster healthy, mutually supportive communities and leaders.
Our Cultural Norms:
- We insist on deep collaboration and accountability to one another, our internal and external customers, and the mission.
- Trustworthiness and transparency are essential to our success.
- Diversity strengthens us.
- We are better together!
- We love having fun and being creative.
What You’ll Do
The Financial Analyst, will report to the Vice President, Portfolio Management, is responsible for:
- Review financial reporting (Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, and other activities) for a portfolio of borrowers and ensure accuracy and compliance in our reporting system.
- Assist affiliates, who provide direct service to our borrowers, as necessary as needed to ensure quarterly reporting requirements are met and provide financial health summary to ROC USA Cooperative Solutions.
- Develop and improve reports and analytical tools for internal and external stakeholders.
If you were here now, you would be working on:
- Help ROC USA Capital to provide accurate quarterly reports. Coordinate and message the timely and accurate financial reporting through coaching and project management.
- Presenting / communicating results of analysis to relevant stakeholders
- Review and analyze financial data shared by affiliates to identify trends and risks within the communities throughout the nation.
- Helping to create and interpret reports to address borrower business concerns.
Who You Are
To be successful in this job, you will excel in the following areas:
Organizing and Planning. Ability todevelop specific goals and benchmarks to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work in a timely manner, with limited supervision. Demonstrated ability to be flexible in your process and still obtain the desired outcomes.
Business and Financial Software Acumen. Comfortable with a wide variety of software including, but not limited to Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google applications, and relevant databases and data visualization software.
Communication. Express ideas clearly in both written and verbal correspondence, listen effectively, and share information appropriately with persons inside and outside the organization. Can handle confidential information and prioritize those concerns that identify a high-risk borrower.
Analytical thinking. Determine the essential function of each task in a detailed, goal-driven manner with strong multitasking abilities.
Customer service and problem-solving experience. Comfortable dealing one-on-one with internal and external customers to access information or ensure participation in core business processes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a preference with those who have worked in property or real estate lending.
- Data analytics experience
- Highly proficient with excel and/or data visualization software
- Familiarity with multi-family lending/housing and preferred experience of 1-3 years in the field.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, use a computer and mobile phone. This position requires the ability and desire to travel to ROC USA events via car or plane several times per year. The employee will occasionally be required to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
What Else You Should Know
The position is a full time, 40 per week position and based in Concord, NH or Washington, D.C, or remote for the right candidate. The salary for this position is dependent on experience. We also offer an excellent benefits package, including a Health Reimbursement Account, FSA, generous vacation and sick time, and a 3% retirement match.
There are no open positions at ROC USA.
ROC USA Network Positions
The Cooperative Development Institute (CDI), the Northeast’s Center for cooperative business education, training, and technical assistance, is seeking its next Executive Director.
The organization is on the cusp of a major cultural and operational shift – moving from a scrappy entrepreneurial phase to a more mature and sustainable nonprofit. We are seeking a new Executive Director who can lead the organization through this transformation while helping us retain our core cooperative values.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director provides strategic leadership for CDI and is responsible for the overall management of staff and operations. As the public face of the organization, the Executive Director is responsible for building connections, maintaining and establishing relationships with donors and partners, and representing the interests of CDI and its clients.
Key responsibilities of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic Vision: Provide a clear vision and path forward for the organization that promotes organizational and programmatic sustainability
- Resource Development & Fiscal Management: Ensure the long-term financial health of the organization and develop a diversified fundraising strategy
- Staff Management & Operations: Develop and lead a talented team through transparent policies and practices that value participatory leadership and self-governance
- External Relations: Position the organization as an essential resource and a leader in the cooperative development field
- Governance: Engage the board and staff in meaningful participation that furthers the organization’s goals, maintains accountability to diverse stakeholders, and strengthens democratic structures and policies
Please read the full job description for a detailed list of responsibilities as well as more information about the transition and this specific role.
This is a fully remote position, but we are only accepting applications from candidates located in CDI’s service area of New England and New York state who have experience working in the region.
Interested? Please fill out the application form below. Priority will be given to applications received by April 5, 2023.
The target start date for this position is June 1, 2023.
Request for Proposals – Printing and Mailing Services
Release Date: February 3, 2023
Proposal Due: February 14, 2023
Submit Proposals: Email to Nsalerno@rocusa.org Contract term: February 27, 2023 through March 30, 2023
ROC USA® is issuing this Request for Proposals to contract with a qualifying printing company to perform printing, binding, and mailing for ROC USA’s newsletter. It is the intent of this RFP to solicit proposals from all interested companies possessing expertise in commercial and administrative printing.
About ROC USA
ROC USA is not your typical affordable housing organization. We are a non-profit social enterprise with a mission to make quality resident ownership viable and successful nationwide and expand economic opportunities for homeowners living in Manufactured Home Communities.
Resident ownership is achieved when homeowners in Manufactured (“Mobile”) Home Communities (MHCs) form a co-op and acquire the underlying land from a commercial owner. To make ownership possible, ROC USA creates purchase opportunities through market development in industry and negotiations with investor-owners, provides training and technical assistance through both a network of 10 affiliated non-profits (CTAPs) and a national team in states not served by an affiliate. ROC USA also provides financing through ROC USA Capital, a $500 million national CDFI.
ROC Association is the association of resident owned communities (ROCs) supported by ROC USA. Its purpose is to support a strong peer network of co-op leaders and advocate for and represent ROCs on the ROC USA Board of Directors and with stakeholders across the country.
Today, ROC USA represents more than 300 ROCs and more than 21,000 Member-owners in 21 states. By 2028, we expect to serve more than 30,000 Member-owners. For more details see www.rocusa.org.
Scope of Work
Every household, as of the release of this request totals 21,535 homesites, will need to receive the ROC USA newsletter in English. Out of those, 1,356 will need to be printed for a Spanish version. Plus 1,000 extra English and 200 extra Spanish versions to be bulk delivered to ROC USA’s Concord, N.H., offices.
Historically, the newsletter has been 12, 16 or 20 pages, with a saddle stitch bound finishing. Further details follow on previous experience with our mailing:
- 11×17 White 100# Condat Silk Text FSC Silk
- Folded to 8.5 x 11, 4 sheets, printed, 40 colors front in 4 color process ink, 4 colors back in 4 color process ink
- Prep charges
- Nonprofit postage
ROC USA seeks one Contractor with documented expertise in meeting the administrative printing and postage needs of similar activities. Since the exact quantities will change based upon the number of households at the time of print, ROC USA is seeking proposals that will identify the quantity price based on the range provided above. Final costs will be determined at the point of printing and mailing.
Date and Deliverables
Print roughly 22,535 newsletters (Version 1)
Print roughly 1,556 newsletters (Version 2)
Both versions are same page count, color pages, etc.
End of February – Early March 2023
Postage and Mail
Returned Mailings and Necessary Close-out
End of March 2023
The Vendor must submit the proposal electronically with their technical and price proposals to email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM, February 10th. The subject line should read: Proposal for Printing and Mailing Services.
Proposals will be submitted in two distinct parts, technical and price. Proposals must respond to each of the requirements in these sections, providing all requested information. Proposals that merely agree or disagree with the requirements will not be considered responsive.
Questions must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: Questions to Printing and Mailing Services. If you decide to provide a proposal and would like to receive any updates based on the questions that may be asked by other potential bidders, please submit an email to email@example.com with your intent to apply so you can receive regular updates.
- Cover Letter
A cover letter must include a point of contact name, address, telephone and email address and the Vendor’s website URL. The cover letter should briefly describe:
- Briefly introduce your experience
- Relevant qualifications
- Justification on why you and/or your firm is a good match for this Project
- Any exceptions you and/or your firm takes to this RFP scope of work, required deliverables, or terms and conditions.
The cover letter should not exceed one page in length.
- Background and Experience
This section should identify the Project lead and team members (if applicable) along with their relevant background and qualifications. Relevant background and qualifications should respond to the following deliverable areas:
- Description of how the proposed services will be provided. This should include a description of how the Contractor will successfully complete the end product; printed and mailed newsletter for an estimated 21,535 homesites in manufactured housing communities for Version 1 (English) and 1,356 homesites in manufactured housing communities for Version 2 (Spanish).
- Demonstrative samples of your work. Provide a sample of your work as an attachment to your proposal.
- Key Personnel. Identify any key personnel who will be assigned to this project. Detail their experience in work related to the proposed assignment. Specify the Project Manager who will serve as a contact person for this opportunity. In this section, also state the intention, if that is the case, to utilize subcontractors to perform any of the work for this project. For each subcontractor, provide the name and address of the subcontractor, description of the work.
You may attach as much information as necessary or work products to illustrate relevant experience.
- Technical Approach
Using the scope of works as a guide, propose an approach to carrying out the deliverables included in your proposal. Your approach should highlight any creative or innovative techniques that you plan to use to maximize efficiency or ensure high-quality products.
- Past Performance (References)
Provide contact information for three professional references who can speak to your performance on completing the project and/or proposed deliverables of similar scope, size, and complexity. Include a brief description of the projects associated with the references.
The price proposal must include the price breakdown for each of the proposed deliverable wherein prices are organized by major deliverable areas and their associated activities. Please outline proposed labor categories and hourly rates when deriving an overall estimated price of completing the work for that deliverable. If you are requesting additional direct costs, itemize and provide a justification for them.
The successful Vendor will present evidence of both technical skill and a proven record of accomplishment in providing the required services. ROC USA will assess potential Contractors according to the following criteria:
- Background and Experience
- All prospective Contractors should have at least ten (10) years of combined experience in the administrative printing and mailing.
- All prospective Vendors should provide high-quality and relevant references that demonstrate the ability to carry out the proposed services.
- Likelihood that the proposal will provide the best value compared to other submitted proposals.
- Technical Approach
- Demonstrate an understanding of the project requirements and work to be performed.
- Demonstrate the application of the Contractor’s background, experience, and subject matter expertise.
- Establish a sound, logical approach to completing the required services that is in line with the requested scope of services.
- Clearly delineate roles, responsibilities, and timelines to ensure successful project completion.
- Contractor must be able to meet the timelines specified in the Project schedule.
- Past Performance
- Contractor’s references checks should indicate no major past performance issues, concerns, or risks associated with the Vendor’s performance.
- If applicable, the Contractor has delivered quality, timely, and cost-effective products through previous engagements with ROC USA.
- Contractor will perform the services outlined in the scope of work for a competitive price.
ROC USA will make an award to the Contractor(s) whose proposal(s) represents the best value for ROC USA, considering both cost and non-cost factors. ROC USA may upon its discretion establish a competitive range of qualified proposals for award consideration. ROC USA will not conduct discussions and/or negotiations with Contractors not in the competitive range and those Contractors will not be considered for an award.
Click here for full RFP details.